Monday 8 August 2011

This post is off-topic because I am lazy and apathetic.

Just like the other 99% of the human race I guess.

Actually I will give one insightful comment on political affairs: "All you rioters in London need to calm the fuck down". There I said it. I'm all for ochlochratic uprisings but not when it's just an excuse to go looting. Go play play an mmorpg if you want to go looting.

Speaking of games, heres the games I have been playing of late:

Civilization 5. A highly entertaining game for me, if a little bit time consuming. My only complaint is that after turn 1000 on the biggest map size on marathon speed, it gets a bit laggy on my computer. I recently one a game as ghandhi via diplomatic victory, rather fitting really. Nevermind the ~300 cities I razed to the ground to make room for my infinite city sprawl cities that fed the economy I needed to bribe the city states to vote for me.
Gotta love "dipomacy".


Empire Total War - which I would rate higher than civ5 just simply because of the epic infantry and artillery battles you can have. Unfortunately it lags out on desktop after a while too. I recently almost won a game as Russia but then just before I invaded the Mahratta confederacy unleashed its Indian computer hax and my game kept freezing at the exact same turn I my armies were poised to descend from the recently conquered persian provinces. I just needed one more territory to win.

Incidentally Russa is a bear if you can industrialise it. I had as many universities as fingers pumping out that tech and couldnt spend all my money if I tried. Rebellion was a constant problem though, so I had to have a revolution. Rather tragic really, I much preferred the Tsarist Russian flag over the republic version.

And of course Starcraft 2. My favourite game. Only thing that makes me sad is the fact that I'm still a puny gold scrub after all this time. I swear the ladder is evolving. Every time I get better, in macro, micro or strategy, all the other goldies get better too. It makes me sad. If only more casual gamers played sc2, then they could fill up bronze, silver and gold leagues and I could actually get promoted.


Still, it's an epic game. The ultimate battle of wits and mental faculty... and fast hands (ironically the same skills necessary to keep one's girlfriend happy).

Finally, on the entertainment indulgement list is a tv series. Last week, in between sleeping, eating and pretending to do stuff I finally gave the Game of Thrones a shot. I enjoyed it. If you have seen it then I heartily encourage you to play the game of thrones rpg too. Here's the link:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6579356/game-of-thrones-rpg

11 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to have to give Empire a shot :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE. Did I mention I love you and want you to have my babies?

    You used the word "ochlocratic."

    That explains everything.

    (Also, I didn't know what it meant. So um, yeah, that also explains everything.)

    P.S To mimic you sometime ago, the fact that you didn't tell me how adorable I looked in my latest blog post makes me a sad panda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I'm just going to pretend that your apathy towards blogging and sudden interest in more computer games is a manifestation of Jessica withdrawal symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now this game caught my interesT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, these games are all great, but my nr1 is still empire (with civ following on a close 2) Haven't played SC2 though... maybe I should... :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is your desktop a bit outdated because of the lags? Or is it really the games?
    Nice that you gave GoT a try. Maybe you'll like the books too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I giggled at your latest comment. Yes, I'm drawing out all the closet lesbians.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Civ5 is great :D Playing Shogun 2: Total War at the moment on the most difficult settings, and it's pretty fun - but as good as any A.I. can be, they're still oh-so predictable :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'Gotta love diplomacy' - HAHA, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Empire Total War is great, but it doesn't run very well on my PC, on the other end of the graphical scale, Defcon is one of my all time favourite strategy games, check it out if you haven't already

    ReplyDelete
  11. horny old men...like you? ;) (BUT DON'T WORRY HONEY. I deleted all my MSN chat logs out of fear that the parentals were snooping.)

    ReplyDelete